Your email database is very important to communicate with your business. This is the simplest form of communication to promote your products or services.
In this article, we have rounded up some of our tested and proven ways according to email, social media, website, and traditional marketing that are easy to implement and get results.
1. Create email content Your content needs to be creative and interesting that people want to stay subscribed and forward your emails to their network. If you write something entertaining they will always look forward to your emails.
2. Organize your email lists according to their buyer persona Use different types of targeted content to send to specific segments of your marketing personas. Email recipients are more likely to click through emails that are tailor-fit to their interests. Creating multiple, targeted subscription types will increase the chance of email subscribers.
3. Link your employees’ signatures You can lead people to a landing page where they can sign up for your email list if you hyperlink the email signatures.
4. Do an online contest Host a free giveaway in exchange for contact information through your social media accounts. Invite your fan base to visit your website and sign up using their email address.
5. Create a lead-generation offer on Twitter Create a Twitter campaign to promote a free resource or ebook to your followers that require an email address for them to redeem it.
6. Promote offers through Facebook that requires an email address Create a Facebook post that your followers can sign up to access. You can add social sharing buttons to the landing pages and thank-you pages you send to encourage them to share those offers to their friends.
7. Add engagement features to your YouTube channel Create hyperlinked “end cards” to your YouTube videos to invite people to subscribe to your channel through their email address.
8. Create a blog that readers can subscribe to Blog posts help increase your ranking on Google. This also allows you to generate subscribers where you can send email campaigns in the future.
9. Write as a guest blog for other websites Guest blogging for websites that focus on your niche helps you expand your contact list to their audience. Create content as a guest blogger for another website and include a call-to-action with your author byline to subscribe to your blog or newsletter.
10. Join a trade show Gather email addresses from offline events like trade shows. Trade shows are well-participated by different professionals in your industry. Give out freebies or do a demo of your latest product then collect signups in-person or exchange business cards.
11. Host an online webinar Invite guest speakers and host webinars to talk about your industry. Webinars are normally registered via email. Collect email addresses at registration.
12. Add QR codes to your display ads Add a QR code on your print marketing materials for people to scan for more information on the printed content. You can look up a free QR code app that requires an email address to access the additional content.
13. Collect emails in your store Create an email campaign for your walk-in customers. Interact with customers face-to-face and invite them to sign up using their email for updates. Create a loyalty program or a membership activity where you can keep in touch with your repeat customers and generate new ones.
These are just some of the examples that can help increase your business’ email database. Most of these tips are not too difficult to implement. Once you start building your email list, nurture them with middle-of-the-funnel offers that allow you to convert early-stage leads into sales-ready leads.