Something You Should Do right NOW for Your Business
Do you know what people are saying about you?
No, seriously, I’m not trying to make you paranoid 🙂
If you’re an established business, people are likely talking about their experiences with your company and reviewing you on social sites like Trip Advisor or Yelp or Zillow (if you’re a real estate agent etc).
If you’re not actively keeping tabs on your reviews and ratings on the most popular sites (for your industry) than you’re leaving money on the table. Keeping a close watch allows you to:
- Reinforce positive reviews and ratings by leaving thanks comments etc.
- Show that you’re ACTIVELY engaged and CARE about what customers think by interacting with them when they leave reviews
- Correct , explain, and/or apologize for any bad experiences customers have had.
Here are some steps you should take TODAY.
- Find all the sites where your customers may be reviewing you. Typically, if you find the top 3-4 , that will give you the old 80/20 benefit! You don’t have to go crazy and find 100’s of these sites.
- Look for and read all your reviews on these sites.
- Add comments (if the review site allows it from the business owner, and you may need to prove you own the business first) to ALL bad reviews.
- Add comments to a few of the good reviews.
- Set up a system where you regularly look for new reviews about your company so you can comment on them immediately. Some of these sites will allow you to set up alerts for that, so look for that option when signing up.
Here’s a list to get you started
- Trip advisor
- Angie’s list – usually contractors and home service type businesses
- Google local listings
- Yahoo local listings
- FB local listings
- Zillow and Trulia – Realtors
- Homeadvisor.com – similar to Angie’s list
Steve from Netblaze Team